[Users] Faster filtering (sans mairix)

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Sat Jul 6 17:02:02 CEST 2013

On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 09:55:27 -0700
"Victoria S." <1 at VictoriasJourney.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to implement faster filtering (searching) of
> folders/subfolders in Claws?
>
> I routinely keep copies of mail in my Sent folder (26.5K items) that
> permits quick access to emails-of-interest; other folders contain (e.g.)
> >30K items; all my archived mail comprises >130K items/messages.

I use Recoll for desktop search, and while I don't often search mail I find
that results from my Mail folder are usually included in results for other
searches I do. It's not difficult to configure, you can set it to include or
ignore certain directories or subdirectories. I also have it scheduled to
update the index at 10:00am every morning, rather than having it index
whenever new articles (or whatever) is added. It's also possible to set it to
index when you do a manual request, but I find once a day works fine for me.

Here's information from "About recoll" on Debian Wheezy:

Recoll 1.17.3 + Xapian 1.2.12
http://www.recoll.org
http://www.xapian.org