[Users] build Claws or accept the Ubuntu version?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 31 22:33:56 CET 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 08:05 PM, RSV-RR wrote:

>Not too worried about the process but I wonder if this improvement
>will be going into an Ubuntu release next time around?

As much as possible, I'd like the Ubuntu version to be inherited from Debian.
Currently in Raring, we're not carrying any Ubuntu deltas for claws-mail nor
claws-mail-extra-plugins.  We're also only copying sid's version currently
(3.8.1-2) because of build conflicts in c-m-e-p for 3.9.0.

This has been discussed, but since I don't personally have much time to fix
the problems and 3.8.1 is good enough for me for right now, I'm being lazy and
will wait until Debian solves the problem after Wheezy's release. ;)

All that to say that any changes in the Claws packages for Ubuntu should
definitely go through Debian first.  (Hi Ricardo! :)

Cheers,
-Barry