[Users] sent account not corrosponding to current mailbox

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sat Jan 19 21:18:32 CET 2013

On 19 Jan 2013, at 20:24, Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:53:07 +0100
> Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Michael,
>
>> On 19 Jan 2013, at 19:36, Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:
>>> When replying, CM will use the address (account) that the message was
>>> sent to.  On POP3 accounts it will use the currently selected account
>>> when composing a _new_ message.
>> Ok, that's consistent with IMAP and seems to be the expected behavior
>> of the original requestor. Confused.
>
> I might have been a little inexplicit in my previous post.  Where I said
> "...currently selected account..." I meant the account that's shown as
> selected in the status bar of CM at the bottom right.  This may not be
> the same account as the one currently being viewed.

Well, then it's not consistent with my setup. I have 3 IMAP accounts and new mails are always composed using the account I'm viewing right now, regardless of the active account shown in the lower right corner (using default layout view). If it wasn't I would find that counter intuitive. So maybe some setting is different here or it's an iMap vs pop3 thing