[Users] Unknown popup text box...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Jan 19 00:17:40 CET 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:58:18 +0000 Brad Rogers wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:25:29 -0500
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>Hello Pierre,
>
>>Any idea what this text box is used for?  Tried capturing a screen shot
>>(delayed); but the text box disappears when the screen shot triggers.
>
>It's a standard feature of GTK.  It's useful for searching for specific
>items in a long list.

Hi Brad!

I wondered if it was a search feature. GTK!...  OK...  but... just tried
clicking in the Rule box which has a long list of rules.  Ah-ha! In this
case, it only works on the Name column.  Is there a way to use it in the
Rule column?  That's where I'm always hunting...  The Name rarely
contains what I'm looking for.  Also, this search only matches the
beginning of the Name, so I haven't found a way to match a name which
contains the search string beyond the start...

A tad helpful feature; but rather limited from what I've tried so far.

Thanks for the clue,
Pierre