[Users] New User - weirdness and bugs continue

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 00:44:15 CET 2013

On Di, 19.02.2013 14:37, Harry Benson wrote:

>Bug 1:
>In email addresses with a name preceding them and no quotes, if the
>name includes a comma, it is rejected as a faulty recipient address.
>e.g.
>
>wanker, thurston <wanker.thurston at gmail.com>

That's because it is a faulty address. I don't see the bug.

You're rather requesting an enhancement, but trying to be extra-smart on
something as non-trivial as address spec parsing is a slippery road...

>Weird 1:
>In the Filter section if I leave the "Match Case" checkbox as
>un-checked, then in the description it shows "matchcase" if I check
>the "Match Case" then the description shows "match."
>
>Is it me or is that FdUp? Surely checking the "Match Case" box should
>make the description show matchcase.

The naming might be counter-intuitive, but it's consistent with POSIX
(e.g. strcasecmp() does case-insensitive comparison, while strcmp() is
case sensitive). A user doesn't really have to care - Claws Mail will
do what the checkbox says.

Holger