[Users] New User - bugs... and a Filter question

Harry Benson dogbrake2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:00:52 CET 2013

Hi,
OK, just taking a look at this and I am liking it.

Some problems using latest Claws and win7pro 64.
1:
When I click with the mouse it seems to send two+ clicks. For example,
clicking on the down arrow for the "From" on this Compose window, will
flick the drop down open then instantly slam it shut. It takes two or
three tries slowing down the click and release of the mouse button
before the drop down will stay open.

2:
In the main left panel, renaming Folders is weird. I had a Folder "OLD
Stuff" and after creating it I realized I wanted it to be the last
thing in the list of sub-folders. I tried to rename it "z_OLD Stuff"
Thinking it might need a capital letter to start, I tried "Z_OLD
Stuff" but still no go. It declared a naming error and did not say
what or why. I finally deleted it and created a new folder and it was
happy with the name "Z_OLD Stuff"

3:
Dialogs need to be set for BringToFront. I was setting up a filter and
clicked the Folder button to assign a Folder to Move an email to and
the entire thing appeared to lock up. After using Alt-Tab to cycle
through the open apps on my desktop, I found the Folder dialog open at
the very bottom of the stack. I clicked "Cancel" in the Folder dialog
and Claws came back to life. The dialog was obviously set to Modal but
NOT to the top of the Z-Stack.

4:
Word wrapping is weird. Sometimes i wraps at about 70 characters then
other times it will go the full width, currently 110) wrap the next
two words and the wrap the following text OK. e.g.
Typing out to the expected wrap point
then suddenly it will continue way past the normal wrap
and then
add those two words and a line feed.
Then carry on wrapping as it started.

Filtering question:
Is it possible to use the same incoming Filter for the sent items? I
want to have the in AND out emails all on the same folder and sorted
by date.

If I continue to use Claws, I will have to set up about 40+ email
accounts. Going through the Filtering system it looks like I need to
assign a filter set for incoming and another for outgoing. They would
be identical duplicates of each other. Is there an option to use the
incoming Filter for the outgoing mail?

Thanks