[Users] Destination folder pattern matching

Inigo Aldazabal Mensa inigo_aldazabal at ehu.es
Mon Dec 9 15:57:36 CET 2013

Hi all,

When using the "CTRL+o" or "g" shortcuts, as you type the first and
typically the second and perhaps the third letter of the folder name
you are interested in, the folder selection is restricted to folders
matching these two or third *first* letters. Then you can move between
folders sharing this match with the up and down cursor keys.

This is great as it allows us to move really fast between folders, but
it would be even better if the "match" was not just with the first
letters of the folder, but with the letters *anywhere* within the
folder name.

i.e. now:  "g" + "in" matches: "inbox", "inner", but not "linux"

Is there a way to enable this kind of matching? I did not find
anything in the documentation about this.

Also, if it is not possible now, is it reasonable thinking about
adapting the filtering system to this? Should I open a feature request?

Bests,

Inigo