[Users] Subject Line Message

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Aug 30 13:21:19 CEST 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:01:16 +0200
Colin Leroy articulated:

> On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 00:38:29 -0700, <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > All of the email clients I have tested so far do this so I was
> > thinking there might be a oppressive legal requirement that forces
> > the developers to do this. You cant find evidence of this on the
> > internet search engines because of the heavy censorship of search
> > results.   Is this a plausible theory or maybe it really is just
> > because no one thought there would be anyone that did not want to
> > use a subject line?
>
> It's mostly because putting an informative Subject helps the recipient
> sort emails and determine quickly what's important and what's not.
> It's part of the "good rules" of internet, and email client
> developers tend to like these rules and help people stick to it.
>
> In case of encrypted email, you can either put no subject, vague
> subjects, or even have fun with the NSA and tease them ;)

I like the feature. It is rare, but on a few occasions I do attempt to
send sans a "subject line" due to my haste in writing the document. I
like being reminded. Besides, it is just one click to send if I do not
want a subject line. I might add, that my Spam filters are set up to
discard mail sans a "subject". That modus operandi use to be used by
Spam artists. Not so much today; however, I feel that if the originator
of the email did not want to take the time to properly classify his
document, I don't have the time to waste reading it.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry ♔