[Users] Subject Line Message

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Fri Aug 30 10:29:04 CEST 2013

"Hi,

> All of the email clients I have tested so far do this so I was
> thinking there might be a oppressive legal requirement that forces the
> developers to do this. You cant find evidence of this on the internet
> search engines because of the heavy censorship of search
> results.   Is this a plausible theory or maybe it really is just
> because no one thought there would be anyone that did not want to use
> a subject line?

It's mostly because putting an informative Subject helps the recipient sort
emails and determine quickly what's important and what's not. It's part of
the "good rules" of internet, and email client developers tend to like these
rules and help people stick to it.

In case of encrypted email, you can either put no subject, vague subjects,
or even have fun with the NSA and tease them ;)

--
Colin