[Users] Periodic "connection failed"

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Mon Aug 26 04:01:15 CEST 2013

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:10:54 -0400
Haines Brown <haines at histomat.net> wrote:

Haines> Well, whenever I install a debian I make a point of never
Haines> intalling a network manager. I probably should check, but I
Haines> believe there's only wicd. I should have mentioned that in my
Haines> note. As you suggest, no access to the network manager is likely
Haines> to generate a different error. The error I get suggests to me
Haines> that Claws is misconfigured, but I didn't change anything and
Haines> the configuration looks OK to me.  Since I can sent mail from
Haines> the machine and browse the web, the wicd is working properly.

Did your ISP perhaps start blocking the outgoing POP port to force you
to use their totally broken webmail thing?