[Users] Strange behaviour when trying to open .doc with Libreoffice

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 11:51:26 CEST 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 05:44:04 -0400
"clifflaine at europe.com" <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:

> The following behaviour has started happening suddenly, with no
> alterations to CM.
>
> >From an email, I click on an attachment which is a .doc.
>
> The usual menu of of choices appear. I chose "Open with" and it
> offers me gedit. Libreoffice has disappeared from the menu
> available, so I manually type in libreoffice --writer '%U'
>
> Clicking then on OK, or Cancel, makes the dialogue box blink and
> vanish and return immediately. Nothing else happens, not can I do
> anything else in CM. Only Ctrl+Alt+Del will close Claws.
>
> Does anyone know why this should happen?

No. But first see if `libreoffice --writer` works from outside Claws.
If it does, start Claws with `claws-mail --debug` and look at the
debug output when trying to open the attachment.

Report back what you find if it's not enough for you to work out
yourself.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune