[Users] Strange behaviour when trying to open .doc with Libreoffice

clifflaine at europe.com clifflaine at europe.com
Wed Apr 24 11:44:04 CEST 2013

The following behaviour has started happening suddenly, with no alterations
to CM.

>From an email, I click on an attachment which is a .doc.

The usual menu of of choices appear. I chose "Open with" and it offers me
gedit. Libreoffice has disappeared from the menu available, so I manually
type in libreoffice --writer '%U'

Clicking then on OK, or Cancel, makes the dialogue box blink and vanish and
return immediately. Nothing else happens, not can I do anything else in CM.
Only Ctrl+Alt+Del will close Claws.

Does anyone know why this should happen?

Cliff
CM 3.8.1
GTK+ 2.24.13 / GLib 2.34.1
Linux 3.5.0-17-generic (i686) (Linux Mint 14)