[Users] Usually stable CLAWs is completely GONE

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Apr 13 06:18:46 CEST 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:16:47 -0400
reid <rsv869 at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Honestly I have 0 idea what occurred.  CLAWs was completely stable,
> chugging along at 4:30 EST.... I suspended the machine, came back
> later and restarted CLAWs, and all mail is gone, and the program
> thinks I want to install a fresh config.

How do you know all mail is gone if you're not able to start Claws?
Probably it is still there.

> Any help would be welcome.

Probably this would work...

Have a look in ~/.claws-mail for any files ending in .bak, then
make a copy of each, removing the .bak suffix. e.g.
`cp folderlist.xml.bak folderlist.xml`. Then restart Claws and
hopefully all will be good again.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune