[Users] Usually stable CLAWs is completely GONE

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Apr 13 05:24:10 CEST 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 23:16:47 -0400
reid <rsv869 at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Honestly I have 0 idea what occurred.  CLAWs was completely stable,
> chugging along at 4:30 EST.... I suspended the machine, came back
> later and restarted CLAWs, and all mail is gone, and the program
> thinks I want to install a fresh config.
>
> Any help would be welcome.
>
> Reid

One thing I know for sure is that your top priority and first
responsibility is to rescue whatever you can. At this point you can't
even be sure of the stability of your hard disk, so you should do
whatever you do to recover data off a defective disk (I boot a Linux
live CD and send the files out the network port, or possibly to a USB
drive. If your disk truly is defective, ddrescue on System Rescue CD is
a great resource.

By the way, it makes a difference whether the mail was stored in an
IMAP server or local to Claws.

Thanks,

SteveT