[Users] The Windows port.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 08:35:32 CEST 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 01:56:04 -0400
Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013/4/6 1:24 AM, Paul wrote:
> > Yes, that is correct behaviour. Creating a new POP account does
> > not create a new mailbox ("a new MH"), as it doesn't need to.
> > Several pop accounts can share a single mailbox. If you want your
> > new account to have its own mailbox then create the mailbox
> > (using /file/add mailbox/mh...) and configure the account to use
> > it.
>
> Yes! It does work. Too bad the users manual doesn't have this.

It is hoped that the manual allows the user to get up and running
quickly by talking about the basics without the reader getting bogged
down with too much information. It would probably be 10 times the
size if it attempted to cover everything, and a lot less readable, I
suspect.

There's an FAQ,  http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/, which is a wiki and
intended to hold more specific detail about various aspects. Everyone
is welcome to extend what is written there.

> Well, given the "Add mailbox..." behavior (above) that I didn't
> know about, this does make some sense, though I still think there's
> no such thing as an 'account'. There's just mail sources and mail
> boxes and Claws maps one to the other.

Yes, a mailbox holds just mail folders and mail files, but an
acccount is a lot more than just mail sources.

> > The dialogue says 'enter the name of the new folder', but you're
> > putting a filesystem path.
>
> I was told in this mailing list that I could put an absolute path
> there. I guess that was bogus.

Full paths, it was said, can be used in the 'Add mailbox'
dialogue, /File/Add mailbox/MH...

> I'll help with documentation

Patches welcome, of course. Although perhaps the FAQ will be more
suitable.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune