[Users] 45 POP accounts - Claws breaks making 2nd account.

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 20:33:05 CEST 2013

On 2013/4/5 1:05 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:53:39 -0400
> Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Mark,
>
>> Or, to turn the question around, can Claws be configured so that POP
>> mail from differing sources can be put in differing and individual
>> inboxes?
>
> Yes.
>
> In account prefs, (Configuration menu, Edit Accounts...) look at
> "Receive".  Also, look at "Advanced":  This is where you can configure
> which folders are used for Draft, Sent, Queue & Trash/Wastebin.

Oh, my. I have a sinking feeling...

Brad, I've been in the "Preferences for new account" dialog a hundred times. Well... a dozen times.

Scenerio:

I've already created my 1st POP account, named "aerotek". I'm now trying to create my 2nd POP account, named "experian".

In the "Preferences for new account" dialog...

Basic:
Name of account "experian",
Mail address "markfilipak.experian at gmail.com"...etc.
Server for receiving "pop.googlemail.com",
SMTP server (send) "smtp.googlemail.com"...etc.
then, when I click [Apply], a bunch of bogus mailboxes are created (more on this later).

Receive:
I change
Default inbox (which is prefilled as: "#mh/aerotek/inbox")
to "#mh/experian/inbox"
then, when I click [Apply], the Default inbox is magically changed back to "#mh/aerotek/inbox".

It's as though Claws is saying "Uh-uh, Mark! You can have only one Inbox."

Before bogus mailboxes, the mailbox structure is:
[i] aerotek (MH)
     [i] Inbox
     [i] Sent
     [i] Drafts
     [i] Queue
     [i] Trash

...where [i] denotes an icon.

After bogus mailboxes, the mailbox structure is:
[i] aerotek (MH)
     [i] Inbox
     [i] Sent
     [i] Drafts
     [i] Queue
     [i] Trash
[i] Mailbox (MH)
     [i] Inbox
     [i] Sent
     [i] Drafts
     [i] Queue
     [i] Trash
     [i] aerotek
         [i] Inbox
         [i] Sent
         [i] Drafts
         [i] Queue
         [i] Trash

Note: "aerotek" appears twice. "experian" doesn't appear.

What do you make of this? I've removed and reinstalled Claws several times. I've 'reinitialized' it several additional times (by deleting the '~/.claws-mail' folder). I'm at my wits end.

Thanks & Ciao - Mark.