[Users] Q: Add 'To' & delete 'Size' (plus architecture)

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:15:30 CEST 2013

Hello All. I'm new and am trying out Claws. I'll present a scenario and ask my questions (search for, but not found). At the end I'll provide some optional architectural background.

Scenario:
I've created a 'Mail' mailbox. I've moved the messages from 'Inbox' to 'Mail'. I've also moved the messages from 'Sent' to 'Mail'. (So 'Mail' contains the mix of sent and received mail.) The column headers across the top of the mailbox contents window are:
-check mark-,
'S',
-paperclip icon-,
'Subject',
'From' (from the 'From' header),
'Date', and
'Size'.

Question 1: How can I add a 'To' column? This will show the recipient for mail I've sent (from the 'To' header).

Question 2: How can I delete the 'Size' column?

Architecture:
Claws is part of larger scheme. I present my scheme for your enjoyment - this is optional.

Host: Windows XP, without networking.
Virtual Machine Manager: VMware Player.
Virtual Machine Guest: Linux Mint + Xfce desktop, with soft-bridge to networking hardware.
Folder shared through VMware driver (not network share):
Windows mount point for shared folder: C:\shared
Linux mount point for shared folder: /mnt/hgfs/shared

Windows version of Claws installed in the Windows host for composing & viewing mail off-line.
Linux version of Claws installed in the Mint guest for composing, sending, receiving, & viewing mail on-line.

Windows version of Firefox installed in the Windows host for viewing HTML off-line.
Linux version of Firefox installed in the Mint guest for surfing the Internet.

The combination of Windows (sans networking) + VMware Player + Linux Mint (with networking) forms a super-hardened system.

Ciao - Mark.