[Users] Tor Mail and Claws Mail

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Sep 5 16:23:28 CEST 2012

"Genghis Khan" <genghiskhan at gmx.ca> wrote:

> I was wondering how is it possible to use Tor Mail with Claws Mail as
> the latter does not have proxy settings.

Depending on your operating system you might be able to let the
packet filter intercept the connections and redirect them into
Tor or use library preloading with something like torsocks.

I'm somewhat interested in more conveniently using Claws with
Tor (but not "Tor Mail") as well, but haven't been motivated
enough to really look into it.

My preference would be tunnelling the requests through an HTTP
proxy that forwards them to Tor, but native socks support would
be nice, too.

Sylpheed already has native socks support, so if it's really
important to you, you might consider porting it or switching
MUAs.

Fabian