[Users] possible bug w/ f17: body area read-only after clicking identities picking list

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Sep 5 10:18:52 CEST 2012

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 23:12:37 +0200
> Maurizio Marini <marini.maurizio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is Fedora 17 x86_64, claws-mail 3.8.1.
>> As discussed on fedora users list, when  composing a new message,
>> then clicking on the combo-box of identities to change identity,
>> body area becames read-only.
>> It' enough to click on some menu item to reset body area to be
>> writable again
>> I would discuss with developers the bug before fileing it into
>> bugzilla, if agree
>
> It's not and never has been the case here. Maybe you can explain
> further or give a URL for the previous discussion?

Sorry I missed the original.

With Fedora 17, I get a problem that goes like this;

Compose a new message
make a To address
change the next address to Cc

Now I am unable to input anything into the Cc line

Right click on the "address area"

select input methods, and change to something else, normally "none" in
my case.

and all is well again.

I get a similar problem with the gimp, so maybe it is a fedora build
of gtk that is upsetting the apple cart

Google "claws mail input method" suggests I may not be alone with this.

Anyway, I am not too concerned, I don't have the problem with any
other distro.

Just another mystery

--
Owen