[Users] deleting an account

Edward B. Rippy ed.rippy at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 6 19:42:52 CEST 2012

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:33:10 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:21:04 -0300
> "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried to delete an account recently??

[Paul replied:]
> Works fine for me.

-- This reminds me of the problem I had creating a new mailbox folder
from within the "Move..." dialog. I d/l'd the source & stepped thru it;
it was stuck in a loop that called gtk's event loop ('xxx_iteration()')
because mouse clicks & keypresses weren't getting thru to the handlers.
It looks like a problem w/ Gtk+.

   In the process of futzing w/ it I d/l'd a number of source & .dev
packages, & @ some point it started working! Later I reinstalled the
OS & Claws, & the problem reappeared. I conclude (tentatively) that
Gtk+ has some unknown dependency that is needed to run dialogs w/in
dialogs (changing the theme didn't help). I let it go because I can
create the new folder & then move the msg.

   I don't know what the 'turning point' was, but it seems to be in the
'claws' or 'Gtk+' source or dev pkgs.

Happy hunting!
Ed