[Users] Build failure on Ubuntu 12.10 for claws-mail-extra-plugins

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Oct 3 15:28:11 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 02:31:59PM +0200, Holger Berndt wrote:
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> schrieb:
>
> >I'd say gdata,
> >as is the one introducing the problem
>
> Why is gdata any more introducing the problem than mailmbox? Or, in
> other words: Could it do anything to solve the issue?

  True, it's not any plugin fault, just a dependency problem, but since it's
a gdata dependency, seems the appropriate candidate for separate build.

  Separating mailmbox because of a gdata dependency change sounds strange
to me, but YMMV, of course.

> After all, it provides user-visible features, and is arguably more
> interesting to Ubuntu'a target audience than an alternative storage
> backend.

  Sure, but the purpose of separating source packages is to keep both, not
to throw away one in favour of the other.

> In any case, libgdata doesn't seem like an exotic dependency in a
> GNOME-based distribution, so something seems fishy deeper down in the stack.

  Don't understand what are you referring with this or how this relates
with the problem, sorry.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~