[Users] Receiving Mail - Attachments

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Mon Nov 12 18:48:57 CET 2012

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:48:23 -0800
Cia Watson <ciamarie at my180.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:31:38 +0000
> Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How can I set claws-mail up that,
> > attachments come in attached,
> > not in-line.
> >

> When I receive an email with attachments, it always comes in attached
> and not inline, I believe? It's in a separate box in the bottom of the
> screen. I do have it set up in >Configuration > Preferences under
> text options has selected 'Show attachment descriptions (rather than
> names)'.
>
> I'm not sure if that does what you're looking for though.
>
> Cia W.

I notice a difference according to which originating e-mail program was
used.

For instance, some attachments are listed at the bottom of my screen. I
can get a drop-down box to save it, open it or whatever. Other times I
have to go to the icons on the right. When I click on the attachment it
comes up in a separate view. If it's an image, I see an image. If it's
a file, I see the file name and choices of what to do with it.

It appears to me, it's all in how the originating program handles the
html code.

I also notice some difference with external links to web pages. Some of
them come up just by clicking the link. Others require me to
right-click and pick "open in browser" from the menu.

I'm using the fancy plugin for html.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.