[Users] Could claws-mail be multi-threaded?

Troy Vitullo troy at troyvit.com
Tue Nov 6 16:53:26 CET 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:45:20 +0100
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

>   Not the first time this arises and after the years I'm still
> wondering why someone would want to be shown a progress dialog when
> really wanting to keep doing some other things, therefore forcing
> itself to put the dialog out of focus before continuing.

It doesn't just happen with the progress dialog. Once a month or so I'll hit "send" on an email, switch desktops and activate another window. I work in there awhile and then go back to check email and claws is unresponsive. I've learned by now to check the hundred or so open windows between desktop 3 and desktop 6 to find the alert (forgot an attachment, gmail sucks, etc.) I need to close before force-closing claws, but it's a hassle.

To avoid that kind of thing it would be simply awesome if claws alerts like this came from the toolbar the way programs like Pidgin do it. Then we'd always see them but they'd always be unubtrusive too.

Troy