[Users] Troubles with claws-mail 3.8 upgrade :p:

Thomas C. Hicks paradox at pobox.com
Mon May 21 10:25:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 02:31:04 -0400
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> > The .claws-mail directory is owned by tom with group tom.  Its
> > permissions are 700.  Changing it to 770 I was able to get
> > persistent changes in the hotkey definitions - I never would have
> > thought of that had you not pointed it out!
>
> wait a moment, isn't that what I said??

Yes and I appreciate everyones' help!

> > Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem of sending and receiving
> > mail in the version 3.8 install.  Any other ideas?
>
> What version of gnuTLS are you using?

I am not sure what you are referring to but I will guess ...

A little apt-cache searching shows a gnutls-bin in the repos, it seems
to be version 2.12.14, it is not installed by default or with the
installation of claws-mail.  The claws-mail release notes say GnuTLS
2.2 is required.  The GnuTLS website lists the most recent GnuTLS as
3.0.19 as a tarball, would it help to install that?

thomas