[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

J. Bakshi ( জয়দীপ বকসী ) joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Mar 29 07:17:51 CEST 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:21:02 +0300
Kertesz Laszlo <laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:44:26 -0400
> Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:19:57 +0530
> > "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in ( জয়দীপ বকসী )> wrote:
> >
> > > At office I really don't have much time to allow it to complete it's
> > > operations during frozen state. Thunderbird is a better choice at
> > > office. And home I need to kill the CM when it doesn't come back from
> > > its frozen state :-(
> > >
> > > If CM can fix those issues, it will be surely at the 1st position.
> >
> > I've been following this thread and I'm puzzled. I don't see these
> > issues at all. Could it be related to the hardware and OS?
>
> Happened to me both on my laptop (core 2 duo @2 GHz) and my desktop (AMD Athlon II x2 @ 3 GHz) with my gmail IMAP account (Debian Whezy).
> No other mail client (Tried Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Opera Mail, Zimbra desktop) does this so its clearly a CM only problem.
> On my laptop happened most times when it had intermittent network connection when checking for mail (i work in IT support, i do connectivity checks often and CM running in the background dont seem to like it).
>
> And i had to actually kill it and re launch it in these cases because even if i got back the network connection it wouldnt resume. This isnt the best time for debugging. I just want stuff to work without much fiddling when i open the lid of my laptop because i do it when i have work to do and email is part of it.

Hello Kertesz,

I fell your issue as I am facing exactly the same. Definitely killing the CM is not a good practice and
it does have its side effect; but there is no other alternative !!!

As a long time CM users; I don't think CM has been designed for a box with 8 GB or so RAM and
quad-core processor. I have 3 GB RAM with i5 CPU and it should be enough for a mail client. I mean
there is no other mail client which have such problem with standard H/W. Even I could run thunderbird
with all my account as configured in CM at a lower end PC without any hitch.

Surely CM is too good in searching, fastness etc.... but the discussed problem keep it behind
the other mail client. As a CM user sine long, I expect we will get the fixed in future release.

Thanks