[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

Kertesz Laszlo laszlo.kertesz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:21:02 CEST 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:44:26 -0400
Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:19:57 +0530
> "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in ( জয়দীপ বকসী )> wrote:
>
> > At office I really don't have much time to allow it to complete it's
> > operations during frozen state. Thunderbird is a better choice at
> > office. And home I need to kill the CM when it doesn't come back from
> > its frozen state :-(
> >
> > If CM can fix those issues, it will be surely at the 1st position.
>
> I've been following this thread and I'm puzzled. I don't see these
> issues at all. Could it be related to the hardware and OS?

Happened to me both on my laptop (core 2 duo @2 GHz) and my desktop (AMD Athlon II x2 @ 3 GHz) with my gmail IMAP account (Debian Whezy).
No other mail client (Tried Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Opera Mail, Zimbra desktop) does this so its clearly a CM only problem.
On my laptop happened most times when it had intermittent network connection when checking for mail (i work in IT support, i do connectivity checks often and CM running in the background dont seem to like it).

And i had to actually kill it and re launch it in these cases because even if i got back the network connection it wouldnt resume. This isnt the best time for debugging. I just want stuff to work without much fiddling when i open the lid of my laptop because i do it when i have work to do and email is part of it.

--
O zi buna,

Kertesz Laszlo