[Users] Opening link in Firefox

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 04:20:34 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:48:39 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

Additional information:

The computer with Claws Mail 3.8.0 on Fedora 16 x86_64 is my laptop. I
also have a desktop computer with Sylpheed 3.0.2 on Lucid x86_64. When
I click on a link in Sylpheed it brings up a Firefox window, opens a
new tab, and loads the link. If Firefox is minimized it brings it up on
the screen; if Firefox is not running it launches Firefox. Under
external programs it is set to:

	firefox '%s'

But setting it to that in Claws Mail does not bring up the window.
That's the maddening part - having to hunt through all my running
Firefox windows to find the tab.

It used to work the same way in Claws Mail on the laptop. But several
months ago I discovered that it had stopped bringing up the window. Of
course, there have been dozens of changes, new versions, updates,
settings, that have gone on over the past several months. Figuring out
when it happened and what caused it is impossible.