[Users] Migrating Google Mail to Claws Mail

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sat Mar 17 17:29:34 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:19:02 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

Hello John,

> I find the option to ignore by Get All, but where is the option for
> SMTP only? If SMTP only is turned on that would explain the whole
> problem. But I can't find any place to set SMTP only.

That's one of the options in the drop-down list used to create a new
account.  Be it POP3, IMAP4, SMTP or NNTP.  In your case, the account
should be of type IMAP4.  Check in Configuration->"Edit accounts..." to
be sure.

> >It loads *my* settings, rather than yours.  Only because that's the
> >way it's all set up as to view it, you have to log in.  Obviously, I
> >don't have your login details.
> I was afraid it wouldn't load my settings. Oh well. I enabled IMAP and
> disabled POP. That's all I did.

And, as mentioned by Richard, you hit "save" I hope.

> But the settings on that page are irrelevant, I am sure. I say that
> because I created the account in Opera Mail and in Thunderbird, and
> both received all the messages without issue. It's only Claws Mail and
> Sylpheed (on a different computer) that will send but not receive.

Strange that both CM & Sylpheed should fail.  Whilst they've diverged
quite a way, account settings are broadly similar.  As a result, I
suspect finding the problem in one will give the solution for the other.

TBH, I'm starting to run out of ideas.  If only because I don't use IMAP
so am not fully conversant with its foibles.

--
 Regards  _
He looked the wrong way at a policeman