[Users] Migrating Google Mail to Claws Mail

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 17:19:02 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:11:02 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> dijo:

>On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:21:46 -0700
>John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>Hello John,
>
>> It's like there's a checkbox somewhere that says "ignore this
>> account," or "this account is just for sending."
>
>Those options exist (sort of).  An account can be created SMTP only, or
>can be ignored by "get all".  I expect though, in your case, that these
>are irrelevant.

I find the option to ignore by Get All, but where is the option for
SMTP only? If SMTP only is turned on that would explain the whole
problem. But I can't find any place to set SMTP only.

>> https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#settings/fwdandpop
>> (Hope that loads.) All I did on that page was click to enable imap
>> and
>
>It loads *my* settings, rather than yours.  Only because that's the way
>it's all set up as to view it, you have to log in.  Obviously, I don't
>have your login details.

I was afraid it wouldn't load my settings. Oh well. I enabled IMAP and
disabled POP. That's all I did.

But the settings on that page are irrelevant, I am sure. I say that
because I created the account in Opera Mail and in Thunderbird, and
both received all the messages without issue. It's only Claws Mail and
Sylpheed (on a different computer) that will send but not receive.