[Users] Migrating Google Mail to Claws Mail

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Mar 17 14:30:45 CET 2012

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:21:46 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:43:47 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>
> >>imap.gmail.com
> >>Use SSL: Yes
> >>Port: 993
>
> Still no joy.
[clip[
> It's like there's a checkbox somewhere that says "ignore this
> account," or "this account is just for sending."
>
> Someone please give me some suggestions. Even if it's the wrong answer
> it might stimulate thinking. I'm completely out of ideas.

Here are some thought provoking suggestions:

1) Read http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm. I think
you've already discussed everything in this document, but the document
might give you some ideas.

2) Use several different IMAP-compliant email clients. Many, such as
Mozilla Thunderbird, set themselves up when you tell them the IMAP
server. I've found that by observing the IMAP settings from several
different email clients, I can compare and contrast and figure things
out.

HTH

SteveT