[Users] strange network behavior II

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Jun 20 09:52:26 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 08:57:33PM -0300, Rodrigo Fresneda wrote:

> There is something bizarre going on with claws' interaction
> with gmail imap. Besides the sluggishness I have reported
> previously,

  I use it daily and that's mainly dependant on your network and
your location, nothing to do with the client you use (of course
their web client is faster, but that's for what they optimise, so
no surprise here)

> I discovered a different phenomenon: sometimes,
> emails sent via claws are registered multiple times in gmail's
> web ui, though my recipient only receives the (entire) one message,
> fortunately. Something like:
>
> first message:
>
> There is something bizarre going on
>
> second message:
>

> There is something bizarre going on with claws' interaction
> with gmail imap. Besides the sluggishness
>
> third message:
>
> There is something bizarre going on with claws' interaction
> with gmail imap. Besides the sluggishness I have reported
> previously, I discovered a different phenomenon
>
> and so forth.

  Disable automatic drafting or set drafting folder to a local one instead
of using Gmail's draft folder.

> I forgot to mention, but I use google's two-step verification.
> Could this have anything to do with all these issues?

  What's that for?

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones