[Users] Strange network behavior

Rodrigo Fresneda fresneda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 04:47:45 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have been using claws 3.8.0 on debian unstable for some time now,
and I have noticed a strange network behavior when fetching messages
from Gmail (imap). At first, when I start the program, messages download
quickly, and the filter log displays  many lines such as

[23:37:07] IMAP4< [FETCH data - 1400 bytes]

in rapid succession. However, after some time (of the order of hours, or
after some idle time, I am not quite sure), Claws'  fetch speed slows down
considerably, and although the network log shows the same lines as above,
they appear in a slow succession.

What is causing this? And how can I better debug this problem?

best,
rodrigo.

--
"The harmony of the universe knows only one musical form - the legato;
while the symphony of number knows only its opposite - the staccato. All