[Users] Default CC for mailing lists

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Tue Jul 31 12:49:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:40:54AM +0200, Marco wrote:
> Hi Michael and Guus,
>
> thanks to both of you for your opinions. I thought it was common
> practice to sent a CC, since I often receive those.

  It's common on open mailing lists, where mailing the list is allowed
without being subscribed. But then the poster should ask for Cc, because
there's no way to know that fact for the common list reader.

> I will then refrain from setting up this feature.

  As Andrej said, if the poster asks for Cc, reply all should suffice, if
not, just reply is enough.

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones