[Users] GUI redraws itself slowly

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Mon Jan 23 14:31:37 CET 2012

Ahoj,

Dňa Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:06:43 +0100 Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> napísal:

> I can confirm this: With kernel 3.x claws needs up to 2 seconds to show
> the message content, counted from the click on the message in the list.
> With kernel 2.6 it is immediately there.

not, i have no problem with CM GI after window appears, only while showing
(unhide) and my delay is less than 1 sec.

I was read your (horrible) time information in your previous mails and this
is not my case. I have similar HW on my machine, only my VGA is 128bit
GeForce GT 220 with 1 MB RAM.

Your problem can be at another end of your aspiration. Consider this: some
months ago i tried ext4 FS and my machine was very slow, setting noatime
in mount options partially solved this and finally i swich back to
ReiserFS for most of my partitions.

Out of this ML we are mentioned the nvidia driver, which can be source of
the problems too. In time when KDE4 starts in Debian, i was using
standalone non-free driver and it needed some tweaking to work as
expected, try check if there is not some old (perhaps outdated) settings
in your home. Or, perhaps, your VGA card needs some tweaking, etc.

But, IMHO, it seems that your problem is not (only) CM related problem and
you will need to search help at another places too.

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk