[Users] encoding of the displayed message

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 12:57:29 CET 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:55:13 +0100
Slavko <linux at slavino.sk> wrote:

> I know that here is not encoding defined in message body. I think,
> that here is some default encoding used to display the message. But
> while both ends of communication are on the same machine, i am
> expect that they uses the same encoding, but perhaps i have some
> missconfigurated.
>
> Please, what i can do, to correct displaying the message body?

That message you attached is broken, it doesn't state that it's UTF-8
encoded. It should have the following header:

There is a hidden option to fix the display of such messages,
'utf8_instead_of_locale_for_broken_mail'. This is in
~/.claws-mail/clawsrc, set this to 1 while Claws is not running. (You
may prefer to use Clawsker, http://www.claws-mail.org/clawsker.php)

Alternately, use '/View/Character encoding' and set it accordingly.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune