[Users] Control of folder-depth for opening folders in the "Select folder" window when copying or moving messages

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 11:23:50 CET 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 03:33:15 -0500
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I choose to copy or move a message, the "Select folder" window
> opens so I can pick where to move it to. In that window, the levels
> are open all the way to the 4th level folder.
>
> What I would like to do is play God and decide that no folders get
> opened or only 1 level or only 2 levels get opened, or even
> determine on a folder-by-folder basis which ones are opened and
> which aren't. The rest can stay closed, and Claws Mail can rest
> assured that I know what's in the other levels and will click to
> expand them if I want to put something there.

Actually, in your case, it's more a case of the rest staying open
rather than staying closed. When you hover the folder it pops open if
it is closed. Its sub-folders maintain the state in which you left
them. Try it: open the parent folder, have one sub-folder open and
another closed. Close the parent folder, then hover over it with a
message. When it pops open you'll see the sub-folders either open or
closed as you left them.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune