[Users] programatically create a tag and set the message with it - evernote style - @info #claws-mail #programming

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 16:16:04 CET 2012

On So, 23.12.2012 09:32, Carles wrote:

>I mean I would need some help to program it because I don't know how to
>do it exactly. Maybe it's possble to make a plugin.
>
> I'm not able to find documentation on how to program thing using
> python or creating plugins, Could you point me to some link to it?

There's no documentation for creating plugins except the source code of
other plugins and Claws Mail itself.

As for your request, I think it depends on how you want your automation
to work. If you want it to work during filtering, you could have a look
at the perl plugin. It can create folders during the filtering process,
bunt it predates tags in Claws Mail, and doesn't (yet) have support for
those.

If you're aiming for some other kind of automation, the Python plugin
can indeed be an option. However, the sitation there is somewhat
similar: It can also create folders, but doesn't (yet) have support for
tags (this time mainly because I don't use tags, and the plugin is
extended on a "as-needed" basis).

Holger