[Users] Further crash in cvs44

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:00:02 CET 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:53:35 +0100
Colin Leroy wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 08:00:56 +0000, Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > Same thing has happened again, I think:
>
> Yep, still the same, but I still don't figure out what it is. Would it
> be possible for you to start Claws Mail in Valgrind during the nights?
>
> It will hopefully crash and enlighten me about what I'm doing wrong...
>
> use
> $ valgrind --tool=memcheck --log-file=claws-valgrind.log claws-mail
>
> Thanks!

Yes, I'll do that some time soon.

One thing I have noticed. If I rebuild the Claws packages and freshen
the installed rpms, Claws often crashes. It never used to do that
before the last half dozen cvs versions. Relevant? I'm not sure.

Will post logs when I get something helpful. Since your change in cvs44,
Claws does run for longer without crashing, it might be the freshened
rpms caused the crash rather than the nntp date related thing.

--

Brian Morrison