[Users] Switching y and z in mimeview (patch)

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Mon Aug 27 09:16:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:46:55 +0200
Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

Since I didn't receive any feedback, so I implemented this in a simple
fashion. This feature allows swapping of y and z in mimeview, which is
useful on QWERTZ keyboards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ)
to operate mime part navigation with the left hand (like users of
QWERTY keyboards can do already). It does not modify the (y) and (z)
menu labels in the mimeview context menu, as this would have broken
existing translations/increased the size of the patch.

The patch adds a configuration option to the keyboard shortcuts section
in the Other->Misc pane of Preferences and is disabled by default.
I didn't add any translations in /po, since I'm don't know what the
process looks like in claws and if the feature will ever make it to
CVS.

Once the option is enabled, y and z are swapped in mimeview.c (in
an slightly clumsy way that didn't require a lot of code changes
and should be easy to audit).

I hope this is useful to others as well ;)

--
Michael Gmelin