[Users] Going off-line

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 15 21:44:16 CEST 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:30:41 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:22:22 +0200
> Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:
>
> >What is possible is that you changed the default shortcut in the
> >"File/Work offline" menu to a single letter one, and that you press
> >this key from time to time without noticing it puts you offline.
>
> No, I did not set the menu to a single letter, but I think that you
> have found my problem:
>
> Off-line = CTRL-W which is also what I use for closing a webpage,
> a gnumeric spreadsheet, file manager, evince...
>
> How do I remove the key assignment?

What I did with the same problem was edit the file "menurc" in
the .claws-mail directory.  This must be done while CM is not running
otherwise the edits get overwritten.  Search for "<Primary>w" and
modify it to "<Primary<>Alt>w".  They call it "Primary" instead of
"Control", don't know why.  The CtrlAlt-w shouldn't conflict with
anything else in CM.

Tom

--
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the
world remains and is immortal.”  Albert Pine