[Users] The reply mark in subject (R: Re:) recognition

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Aug 7 20:42:59 CEST 2012

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 20:22:36 +0200
Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

> >> In that case AW: should be added as well (that's what German Outlook does)
> >>
> > And Danish Outlook SV:
> > And in French Outlook use something else, and in Spanish something
> > else, and .....
> >
> > Where should we stop bending claws' nature to satisfy brain dead
> > developers/companies which reads a RFC like the Devil reads the Bible?
> >

> That's why I think that if claws does anything about it, it should be
> configurable and not a set of hardcoded workarounds  - afaik it should be
> fairly easy to do that using the python scripting plugin (like 10 lines of
> python), given the nature of this, that's probably a better approach.

Yeah, definitely, it's a logical progression - I think whoever wrote that piece
of code meant for it to be configurable eventually, it just never came to
be. :)

I think I even saw such option in some old mail client (probably in The Bat!
back on Windows).

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>