[Users] "Printer Print to File doesn't accept PostScript files"

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Thu Aug 2 18:55:14 CEST 2012

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 22:27:01 +0530
Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you also have the cups-pdf package installed? I'm using Debian,
> > and
>
> Thanks!  I didn't even know such a thing existed -- never needed it
> for any other application.
>
> I installed it, and it works fine, with 2 caveats:
>
> 1. it won't print in color (cups-pdf itself does, as printing its test
> page shows, and so does for example firefox).
>
> 2. it doesn't print the from/to/cc/subject fields for HTML email.
> (I'm using the "fancy" plugin, not the "dillo" one).  It prints it
> just fine for normal email but for HTML email, even if I choose the
> first of the "message part selection boxes" (the one for the full
> message), it doesn't.
>
> Do you see these same behaviours?  If not, any idea what I can do to
> fix them?

I just tested an html email print, and all I got to print to the PDF
printer file was the footer. However, I'm on claws 3.7.6 using the
fancy plugin. It did bring up an error at first saying that to print to
html I needed to install html2ps which I did, there may be other ps
(postscript) related files that are at play. This isn't something I do
very often, if at all right now (i.e. print emails, html or otherwise).

I also recall there were some messages (last year?) on the list about
html printing from claws, so you might be able to search the archives.
Or if anyone on the list has some specific pointers, please share.

Sorry that's not more helpful.