[Users] Default CC for mailing lists

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Aug 2 02:29:16 CEST 2012

On Aug 01, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

>I had to copy the second comment in manually. Is there any way of
>replying and including two small highlighted parts as comments. I've
>tried shift and ctrl combinations but just end up selecting all text
>between the two sections I wish to include as comments?

For me, the killer feature of Claws is the ability to use an external
editor[*].  I set mine up to invoke emacsclient to let me edit messages (both
replies and new compositions) in an Emacs buffer.  I use mail-mode in these
buffers so I have access to the spell checker.  Plus, it's trivial for me to
cut-n-paste code or just about anything else into messages, since I do almost
everything in Emacs anyway.

Editing messages in Emacs makes it trivial to select the parts of a message to
reply to.  I'm sure it works just as well for other external editors.

The one thing I wish Claws would do is, if I highlight more than one message
to reply to, then hit reply, I wish it would open just one window and invoke
my editor with both original messages in the same buffer.  This would make it
much easier to stitch related replies together from separate messages in my
inbox.

Using Emacs though, I can still do it, it's just a bit more painful.

Cheers,
-Barry

[*] well, that, and the fact that I can write Python plugins for Claws. :)