[Users] Getting CM 3.7.10 into Ubuntu Precise Pangolin (12.04)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Oct 27 00:27:36 CEST 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Ricardo Mones wrote:

>  Hi Barry,

Hi Ricardo,

>  In case you care about the details: the x-scheme-handler delta
>  doesn't exist

That shows up in debian/claws-mail.desktop and it's copied straight over from
the 11.10 version of the package.  I think that file does not exist in Debian.

>  and additionally the debian-changes-3.7.10-2ubuntu1ยน
>  patch is reverting the 1[123]* patches from Debian, which is not
>  mentioned in the changelog entry. Not a great loss, I guess.

Actually, it is!  I have no idea how that got there, but I suspect it resulted
from some merge snafu.  It was a bit tricky to merge with the current Debian
version, and I missed that.  I really need my shell to bold-bright-red-blink
those lintian warnings! :)

Anyway, I just uploaded 2ubuntu2 which should hopefully fix that situation.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,
-Barry