[Users] Getting CM 3.7.10 into Ubuntu Precise Pangolin (12.04)

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Wed Oct 26 10:13:23 CEST 2011

  Hi Barry,

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:16:29 -0400
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> The claws-mail package merge was pretty straightforward.  We carry
> just two deltas from Debian.  One disables accelerator keys by
> default (LP: #223840) and the other registers the correct
> x-scheme-handler/mailto.  Reading LP: #223840 I think I'd have
> generally sided with Colin Leroy and kept the upstream default, but
> since that decision was made quite a while ago and Ubuntu users
> should by now be adjusted to it, I am reluctant to back it out.

  In case you care about the details: the x-scheme-handler delta
  doesn't exist and additionally the debian-changes-3.7.10-2ubuntu1¹
  patch is reverting the 1[123]* patches from Debian, which is not
  mentioned in the changelog entry. Not a great loss, I guess.

  Anyway 1[23]* are manpage fixes²³, probably should be committed to
  CVS soon, unless somebody has some reason not to do it, of course.

  regards,

¹ https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/claws-mail/3.7.10-2ubuntu1/+files/claws-mail_3.7.10-2ubuntu1.debian.tar.gz
² http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/mones/claws-mail.git;a=blob;f=patches/12fix_manpage_header.patch;h=c51bc95e34c53a46b08560d36160d421649e16d6;hb=HEAD
³ http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/mones/claws-mail.git;a=blob;f=patches/13fix_manpage_hyphens.patch;h=6b175fead89330f27bda60438874159a03d9dd6d;hb=HEAD