[Users] Claws-Mail exit control

seelenhirt seelenhirt at gmx.net
Mon Oct 17 02:53:07 CEST 2011

Hi Tom

> Hi a;;
> What is the logic behind changing "ctrl-q" from "exit program" to
> "move folder to change sort order?  "Ctrl-q" is almost always used to
> quit a program in every distro that I have used and now Claws-Mail
> has no keyboard shortcut for quitting.  Don't know if this is distro
> specific (openSUSE 12-1 * c-m 3.7.9) or not.
>
> Noticed this change when upgrading from openSUSE 11.4 (c-m 3.7.6) to
> openSUSE 12.1.  Modified menurc to allow quitting with "ctrl-q" and
> added "shift" to the "move/sort" entry which returns it to what I
> want.
>
> Tom

You most probably changed the shortcut accidentally yourself by
pressing C-q while the mouse was over the other menu item. (From the
documentation: "[...] these shortcuts can be changed on the fly by
focusing on the menu item and pressing the desired key combination.")
So you can change it back without editing any files. :-)

Regards,
Marius