[Users] Claws Mail 3.8.0 unleashed!!

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Dec 28 14:17:33 CET 2011

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:14:41 +0100, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de>
wrote:

Hi,

> Personally I do not care using development snapshots. A lot of users
> do I suppose.

No one on the team (that I know of) uses Claws Mail on Windows.

Under these conditions, labelling any Windows build "stable" would be
showing a lot of faith.

Our Windows port is based on CVS snapshots, because most of the time,
releases don't build on Windows due to some Windows peculiarity that
nobody noticed before.

For example, 3.8.0 doesn't build on Windows because there's one
GTK+2.18 call that we missed, and the Windows port ships with GTK+2.16.

That's why the latest and greatest build for Windows is based on
3.8.0cvs6. And that's either that, or nothing : I'm not going to
cherry-pick and manually apply patches.

--
Colin