[Users] Claws Mail 3.8.0 unleashed!!

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Dec 22 08:14:41 CET 2011

Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> on Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:42:10 +0100:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:16:05 +0100
> Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
> > Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:21:54 +0100:

> > > I hope there's more, given all the work it gives :)
> >
> > I think there's not a lot of people out there who even know a Windows
> > port exists. I thought I was forced to use Thunderbird for Windows
> > for a long time. :-p
>
>   Umm, guess what's the first result when you search "claws-mail
>   windows" in google :)

Oh, you are right...
I remember landing on a gpg4win.org subsite, finding a plain old version on
another subsite.

> > Is there any reason no "official" Windows build exists?
>
>   http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/ doesn't look official enough?

This site states: "A more recent snapshot than provided by GPG4win is
available" [...]

That is different from "Latest stable version is 3.8.0. Get it here!"

Personally I do not care using development snapshots. A lot of users do I
suppose.

> > A lot of users are uncertain if they have to search around and find
> > something with a version that ends with cvs[0-9]+.
>
>   Well, no worries, that one ends in svn... :D
>   More seriously, naming it 'claws mail seven' won't make it better.

No, but releasing 3.8.0 may be a reasonable step.

Just my .02$.
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris