[Translators] Howto build an NLS-claws-mail

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:23:52 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-09 at 11:45:31 Paul wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:27:41 +0200
> "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can assure you that the system is configured to Danish. The
> > variable $LANGUAGE was not set and setting it to da didn't
> > accomplish anything, still Danish, but perhaps you ment to
> > recompile claws-mail not to launch it.
> >
> > Next thing to do: I'll remove all files related to claws-mail and
> > do a new compile from scratch following whatever advice I have got
> > so far. It shouldn't be that difficult to make CM understand
> > Danish.
>
> Probably your translation has not be installed, (or built). You
> should have this file after installing, (that's with the default
> --prefix=/usr/local, you might have chosen something else):

I've used both default and --prefix=/usr

> /usr/local/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/claws-mail.mo

Yes, I've noticed this file for all the other languages but no da
ones.

> If it's not there:
>
> Did you re-run autogen.sh after modifying configure.ac?

Well, claws-mail comes with a configure script and that was the first I
ran. Then I modified configure.ac and ran configure again. Then
autogen.sh several times with and without arguments. Apparently da.po
wasn't grabbed in any of the runs. I admit I am in a somewhat panic mode
because I fail to see the logic in this build.

--
Erik