[Translators] Howto build an NLS-claws-mail

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 12:45:31 CEST 2016

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 12:27:41 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can assure you that the system is configured to Danish. The
> variable $LANGUAGE was not set and setting it to da didn't
> accomplish anything, still Danish, but perhaps you ment to
> recompile claws-mail not to launch it.
>
> Next thing to do: I'll remove all files related to claws-mail and
> do a new compile from scratch following whatever advice I have got
> so far. It shouldn't be that difficult to make CM understand Danish.

Probably your translation has not be installed, (or built). You
should have this file after installing, (that's with the default
--prefix=/usr/local, you might have chosen something else):

/usr/local/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/claws-mail.mo

If it's not there:

Did you re-run autogen.sh after modifying configure.ac?

with regards

Paul